History

The small town of Racciano is formally known from the year 1271, or rather from when the sangimignanese Brogino di Michele offered the Racciano homestead, together with other plots of land in the S.Lucia mansion, to the S.Agostino hermit friars, in order to found there their convent.

 

The Parsonage building is situated between the Church, to which it is linked through an overhead corridor with an underpass, and the body of the building of medieval origins that was the Augustinian friars’ convent, characterized by a large pointed arch in bricks with decorated sleeve, on the front that faces the courtyard, and traces of ogivale arches also on its back.